ABOUT: MBABANE AEC
Mbabane Africa Evangelical Church (MAEC) is a member of the Africa Evangelical Church (AEC) in the Swaziland Region. The AEC has four regions namely Eastern Cape, Gauteng, KwaZulu/Natal and Swaziland. It is one of the mainstream early churches originally called Southern Africa General Mission (SAGM). Swaziland Region has four Circuits namely Bethany, Mankayane, Mbabane and Mbuluzi.
Mbabane AEC popularly known as kaBoyce is under the Mbabane Circuit and has a membership of plus or minus 500 people (both registered (±350) and unregistered (±150) and both young and old). The church is situated in Mbabane, Msunduza area, in the middle of KaBoyce primary and high School and Mobeni flats.
The church has the following mission and vision Statement:
To serve God and make Him known to others
A church committed to serving God’s purpose in the 21st Century
PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH
We understand the purposes of the church in terms of ministry to God, ministry to believers and ministry to the world.
Ministry to believers: Nurture
According to Scripture, the church has an obligation to nurture one another, to build one another, to maturity in the faith. Paul told the church at Ephesus that God gave the church gifted persons ” to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
Our goal as a church must be to:
- Present to God every Christian ‘mature in Christ (Col.1:28).
- to edify one another (Rom.14:19)
- bear one another’s burdens (Gal 6:2)
- admonish one another (Rom15:14)
- forgive one another (Eph 4:32)
- care for one another (Heb.10:24,25)
- encourage one another(Heb.10:25),
- Be kind to one another (Eph 4:32)
- comfort one another (1Thes.4:18),
- build one another (1Thes.5:11),
- greet one another (1Thes.5:26),
- teach one another (2Tim.2:2)
- pray for one another (James 5:16),
- be tender-hearted to one another (Eph.4:32)
Fellowship of Believers
- James 5:9 “Do not grumble against each other”
- James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed”.
- 1Peter 4:9″ Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling”
- 5:13 “…serve one another with love”
- 12:24-25 “Have equal concern for each other”
- 1:10 “…agree with one another”
- 12:16 “Live in harmony with one another”
Harnessing resources for effective all round church development
Our Core Values
- The Bible:
We value that the Bible is our ultimate source of authority and its truth is essential for transformation of lives.
We value that people matter.
We value that spiritual growth, full devotion to Christ and relational health are to be norms of every believer.
We value that church should operate as a loving unified community of servants that celebrates diversity in gifts, function and preference.
We value the critical value of Godly character, personal integrity, ministry skill and relational health in leadership at all levels of ministry.
We value that excellence honors God and inspires people.
We value that the Church should be culturally relevant while holding to God’s eternal truth.
We value that gifts of innovation should be encouraged in all that we do.
We value the encouragement, development and exercise of each believer’s ministry gifts and skills.
We value that every believer has God given resources that should be used for eternal purposes.